Monday, October 13, 2008

Family


I miss my family.

This weekend was the first weekend in forEVER that Matt and I really didn't have anything to do or anywhere to go. Saturday morning I woke up and thought, "Maybe my mom and dad or Brady, Wes, and J will drive to Chicago! They could get here by 4pm, we could go out to eat together, hang out, and Sunday we could chill till they had to leave around 4!" So, I call my mom. No answer. I call my dad. No answer. I call Wesley. No answer. I leave him a ridiculous message about how he should come to Chi-town. I call Brady. No answer. Leave same message as Wes. Call Jasey. Finally! I tell her to call me as soon as we talk to the boys so we can get these plans going! My dad calls back. Unfortunately, he and my mom are on their way to Clear Lake. I get the sinking feeling like my plans are not going to work. "But Pops, you can just turn around! You're not that far!" At this point, Matt is (internally) laughing at my silliness, but he's playing along. I hang up the phone with my dad and Matt and I decide to go for a walk. I take my cell phone, though, because I am just certain that Brady, Wes, and J are going to call and tell me they're on their way. No call. Brady finally calls Matt at 2 in the afternoon. After they hang up, I ask Matt, "Did it sound like he was in the car?" I thought that maybe they were all surprising me and coming to Wheaton! Nope. :)

Turns out Matt and I had a very relaxing weekend to ourselves, which was nice. Sometimes when I get an idea stuck in my head (like how I wanted my fam to come to Wheaton), I can't get it out. Anyway, how's that for a random blog post.

4 comments:

nealy said...

Nice pic, babe! Those were the days. =)

Hey...why didn't I get a call??? =)

Mari Bryant- Marks said...

I hear ya about missing the family. I'm twelve hours from my sisters and a plane away from my parents, brother and little sister. I'd love it if they surprised me and popped in too!

Kiley said...

Ne, I thought about that after I posted it... I knew you were in Moline! Otherwise, you'd be the first person I'd call. :) I actually did think, "Moline isn't that far away! We could meet for dinner!" :)

alan and steph said...

you are waay too cute!! I often think the same thing - hoping my family is just driving to AZ on a whim!! (only joking) Although I may be joking, I do have to admit, that would be awesome!