Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Appetizers

These are two of my favorite appetizer recipes. I love them both because they are super easy and taste amazing. The first one, artichoke dip, was given to me by Sarah Ling, and the second one, Cranberry Apple Dip, was given to me by Nealy. Ne, you inspired me to post recipes. :) Next time you are having friends over and need a little munchie, try these!

Artichoke Dip

1 cup artichoke hearts
1 cup light Hellman’s mayo
1 cup grated parmesan cheese

Optional: garlic (either fresh, sauteed in olive oil, or dried), and/or a dash of cayenne pepper.

Cut each artichoke heart into small pieces. Add all ingredients in a bowl and mix. Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes. Serve fresh veggies, warmed pita, or sourdough bread.


Cranberry Apple Dip

1 cup craisins
2 cups shredded swiss cheese (divided)
2 T orange juice
1 8-oz tub pineapple cream cheese

Combine all ingredients, reserving one cup of shredded swiss cheese. Put in pie pan and top with remaining cup of swiss. Bake 30 minues at 375 degrees. Serve with crackers and sliced apples.

2 comments:

nealy said...

Yum, they both sound really good. I'll try that artichoke dip! I was going to also post the craisin dip recipe, but I'm waiting to make it so I can take a picture -- I forgot to take a picture last time! Thanks! =) Keep posting your recipes!

Kiley said...

Sorry I beat you to it. :) Email me the pic when you make it so I can put it on my blog, too! Might make the artichoke dip tonight for Jill and Andy. My camera broke though!! For real. Well, just the battery, so I'm going to hopefully get a new one today.