Saturday, May 31, 2008

Best Puppy Chow

One of the reasons I love to cook is because it is my creative outlet (ok, and because I like to eat :). This week I put my twist on puppy chow… I couldn’t decide if I wanted to make puppy chow or scotcheroos, so I kind of fused the recipes. If you close your eyes, it kind of tastes like a scotcheroo!

Best Puppy Chow

1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1 cup butterscotch chips
½ stick butter
1 small jar crunchy peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla

1 small box Crispex cereal
¾ bag powdered sugar

Melt chocolate and butterscotch chips, butter, and peanut butter over very low heat. Stir in vanilla. Pour over cereal and stir until every piece is coated. Dump powdered sugar in a garbage bag and spoon in cereal mixture. Toss bag around to coat all of the pieces.

2 comments:

nealy said...

Yum! Wow...great idea! I bet it totally tastes like a scotcheroo! You could call it puppy-roo! =)

B + A said...

Kiley!

Found your blog through Steph of course. Loving the recipes :)Sounds like things are going well in Chicago! Hope married life is great too!!

Allie