Friday, July 18, 2008

Dessert


It seems like just about every week, I vow never to make dessert again (hasn’t been good on the waste line :) However, it seems like most weeks I make it until like Wednesday or Thursday before giving in and baking something sweet. :) This week, I decided to make a snickers ice cream dessert… my take on a recipe I found on allrecipes.com.

Here’s how I changed it… I made it in a 9 X 9 pan instead of a 13 X 9 (so we wouldn’t have so many leftovers tempting us from the freezer). I used hot fudge instead of chocolate sauce, added a caramel layer to give it the “snickers” aspect, and used Spanish peanuts instead of regular. This dessert not only is rich and super yummy, but it looks pretty, too!

Snickers Ice Cream Bars
Adapted from allrecipes.com
1/2 cup hot fudge
1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
2/3 cup caramel sauce
Ice cream sandwiches (about 12-14, depending on the size)
1 (8 ounce) container cool whip, thawed
1 cup Spanish peanuts

1. Combine hot fudge and peanut butter in a bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds.
2. Line the bottom of a 9 by 9 inch dish with a layer of ice cream sandwiches. (You may need to cut some so they fit tight.) Spread all of the fudge/peanut butter mixture on top of the first layer of ice cream sandwiches. Spread half of the cool whip; sprinkle half of the peanuts; drizzle half of the caramel.
3. Do another layer of ice cream sandwiches. Layer with cool whip, peanuts, and caramel. Freeze until firm, about 3 hours (but best if frozen overnight). Cut into squares and enjoy!

3 comments:

Mandi said...

Oooh Kiley that looks yummy! That probably wouldn't last long in my house!

nealy said...

Yum! Looks awesome! Nice work, Ki!

alan and steph said...

I totally made this for our small group last night and everyone LOVED it! Thanks Ki!