Sunday, November 9, 2008

29







My husband is turning 29.

This weekend, I pulled off a huge surprise. For weeks, I have been planning for Matt's family to come visit us for the weekend... Friday night, Matthew and I went wine tasting just the two of us, and then we met his parents at Gino's (once again) for pizza. Matt got there and said, "We have reservations for 'Waite'" and then the hostess pointed us to where they were sitting. He was super surprised. Saturday morning, his sister and her family showed up (I may have lied to Matt a little and told them they couldn't come...) Once again, he was surprised! We went downtown Chicago for the day (Art museum, Grand Lux Cafe, the American Girl store, etc). This morning (Sunday) we spent at the hotel swimming and hot tubbing. It was a very fun weekend.

I really can't believe Matt is turning 29 (on Wednesay, Nov 12 by the way). It kinda makes me feel old! But I don't know--the older I get, the more I really realize how life is SO short and how eternity in heaven is SO unimaginably long (good long)... and how I want to live THIS life like I realize what's important. This has been on my mind a ton lately--just with Matt looking for a job, with us deciding where to live, etc--I just don't want to live my life for the American dream. I want to live it for the Lord and serve and love him fully.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yah for birthdays! Good job on the surprise, Kiley!
Sounds like you guys had a blast!